Villa Isabella Blythedale Serves You
At Villa Isabella, you will be privileged to experience the untouched beaches of the Northern Coast Line. The Indian Ocean’s warm temperatures are perfectly suited to swim at any time of the year. The Villa, being right on the beach, provides easy access to the beach making it user friendly and perfect for family days spent in the sun. We encourage you to bring your rugby balls, beach balls, volleyball kites, wind surfers and other activities you wish to engage in, on the beach.
We Provide the following beach equipment: Beach umbrellas, deck chairs, folding chairs, loungers, blankets and cooler boxes.
The main beach is about 500metres away, it has shark nets and there are Lifeguards on weekends and during holidays. There’s also a tidal rock pool for kiddies.
There’s abundant birdlife at the Umvoti River Mouth is within walking distance where the Fishing is good. (a permit is required).
There is a local ski-boat club in Blythedale where you can go fishing out at sea.
Nearby shops / shopping malls
Blythedale has a small convenience cafe and bottle store, there is a Super Spar in Stanger (6km away).
Ballito is well known for its array of artistic and creative coffee shops and restaurants. The LifeStyle Centre is a shopping mall with a wide variety of shops for all your needs. Zimbali golf course **
Umhlanga is known for its large shopping mall called The Gateway Theatre of Shopping. The Gateway Mall is worth a visit for the many shops, restaurants, movies and IMAX experience it offers. The Umhlanga city also hosts many events from concerts to craft markets and it is a good idea to keep an eye out for these.
There are many activities you can engage in at Blythedale beach or in nearby areas. Some of the popular activities and attractions are as follows:
- For all bird watching lovers, the Umvoti River Mouth Lagoon in the conservancy is worth a visit.
- Fishing, which can be done along many of the beaches, and out at sea on a ski boat
- Surfing, the waves along the coastline are perfect for surfing (need to take a photo)
- Ballito, a vibrant town, 15 minutes away, has an array of restaurants, malls and beaches ready to be explored
- A ski-boat club, if you wish to launch your boat , hire a boat or jetski
- Mountain bike riding, so bring your bikes, for rides for the whole family. If you are an avid mountain biker, there are trails nearby, as well as in the Holla area, which is about 20km away.
- The famous Hluhluwe and Mkuze game reserves are a 2 hour drive north of the Villa and are home to South Africa’s Big Five. A day spent at the game reserves could mean seeing wild animals such as lion, elephants, hippo, rhino and many more.
- Lake Saint Lucia, Cape Vidal and Lake Serbia – world heritage site – 2 ½ hour drive North.
Nearby popular beaches
- Ballito beach, with a granny pool for children to swim in ( 15min away)
- Salt Rock beach and Sheffield beach (15 min away)
- Durban beach front with the well-known uShaka Marine world aquarium and water park, as well as the Moses Mabida stadium- with bungee jumping for the adrenaline junkies (50 minutes away).
- Umhlanga beach, where a weekly park run is hosted on the promenade every Saturday at 8am (35 minutes away).
48 km. from the King Shaka International Airport
Casa Isabella is 20 minutes away from the main King Shaka International Airport, making travelling to the Villa convenient
The Villa is also close to other popular areas to visit such as Ballito, Umhlanga, Hluhluwe and Lake Saint Lucia making it a central location for opportunities for other activities.