Here are our favorite unique wedding cake alternatives:
- A doughnut tower: This is such a unique way to kick off the dessert part of the day, and a great idea for a breakfast or brunch wedding. Mix and match with different flavors and icings, or keep it unified with one choice. You can even stick a little topper into the top of the tower to add some more pizazz.
- A uniquely flavored cake tower: From rum cakes to hummingbird cakes, find or DIY a quirky tower to hold them, and watch your guests marvel at the height, taste and colors you choose.
- Cheesy tiers: This is a firm favorite amongst many couples, especially those where neither person has a big sweet tooth. Pile your favorite wheels of cheese on top of each other and adorn with fresh figs and grapes.
- A table of bite sized pastries: This is amazing when you and your partner can’t decide or agree on one type of dessert to serve. Choose a variety of cheesecakes, cinnamon rolls, fudge, brownies and more and let guests eat their hearts out!
- A crepe cake: This is a super unique option and so delicious if you and your partner love a good pancake on a Sunday morning! Bring that into your wedding day with this gourmet option
- Homemade dessert pies: If your family or friends are known for their amazing cherry, blueberry or pumpkin pies, stay true to yourselves and make these your dessert of choice!