Here are some wedding day gift ideas:
- For both of them: A tree to plant; while you’ll be establishing roots of your own, the tree will symbolise the strong foundation of wisdom and strength they gave you. It will be small when they first receive it, but they’ll be able to watch your marriage grow along with the tree and it will always be a reminder of your special day.
- A photo book of the big day: Once the professional images are ready, get a photo book printed of the big day for your parents to keep and boast from on their coffee table. Choose from a leather or silk cover and double thick pages so it stands the test of time.
- An etched momento box: Inscribe your wedding date on the wooden box and give it to them as a place to store all their keepsakes from the planning process and the big day: dried petals, your wedding programs, a copy of your menu etc.
- For your Dad: A wedding handkerchief or tie. This is both practical and beautiful, as he can one to wipe his tears on the big day and many years into the future and the other can actually be worn on the big day. Get the handkerchief embroidered with your wedding date, his name or a little message and sew a little patch to the inside of the tie with a little message.
- For Mom: A little emergency kit to see her through the big day (with tissues, bobby pins, mints and more) will be gladly received and put to great use!
We can guarantee some serious tears of happiness if you pull out one of these wedding day gifts for your Mom and Dad!